Contest Rules & Regulations
“Mott’s* Clamato* Coast-to-Coast Toast Giveaway”
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The “Mott’s* Clamato* Coast-to-Coast Toast Giveaway” contest (the “Contest” or “contest”) runs from 10:00:01 am ET Monday, April 25, 2016 until 5:00:00 pm ET on Friday, May 13, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). This contest is brought to you by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER CONTEST. The Contest is open to all legal residents of British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador who are legal drinking age or older in his/her respective province or territory of residence.
Notwithstanding the above, this Contest is not open to employees, representatives, agents, officers or directors (or those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of (i) the Contest Sponsor, its divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates; (ii) Contest Sponsor’s advertising and promotional agencies, contest suppliers, Iceberg Vodka Corporation, prize suppliers and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
3. HOW TO ENTER
To enter, visit www.nationalcaesarday.com/clamatocoasttocoasttoast and complete the online entry form in full, following all online instructions, including a short description of why your Caesar includes Mott’s Clamato cocktail. Limit one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period.
Entrants may only use one (1) email address to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and contest judges which are final (without right of appeal).
If using a wireless mobile device to enter, standard data rates may apply. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime for each entry received. Any such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/mobile account holder. Please call your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
There are ten (10) prizes available to be won during the Contest Period each consisting of two (2) passes to a Mott’s Clamato Coast-to-Coast Toast event scheduled for May 19, 2016 with an approximate retail value of $75.00 CDN (each a “Prize”). For the purposes of awarding the Prizes, there will be ten (10) regions (each a “Region”) as follows: (i) Region One: British Columbia; (ii) Region Two: Alberta; (iii) Region Three: Saskatchewan; (iv) Region Four: Manitoba; (v) Region Five: Ontario; (vi) Region Six: Quebec; (vii) Region Seven: New Brunswick; (viii) Region Eight: Nova Scotia; (ix) Region Nine: Prince Edward Island; and (x) Region Ten: Newfoundland and Labrador. For the avoidance of any doubt, there will only be one (1) Prize available to be won per Region. Once received, eligible entries will automatically be included in the applicable Region based on the Contest Sponsor’s official records of the entrant’s province of residence.
Odds of being selected as a potential Prize winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period per Region.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred (except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), exchanged or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize (including, without limitation at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, a cash award).
NOTE: Prize winner and guest must abide by all venue policies. Expenses such as travel, accommodations, ground transportation, parking, meals, beverages and all other expenses not specifically described above as being included in the Prize are the responsibility of Prize winner and/or his/her guest. In order to be entitled to accompany the winner, the winner’s guest must be legal drinking age or older. The Contest Parties, participating Mott’s Clamato Coast-to-Coast Toast locations and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) do not assume responsibility should the Prize be cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled for any reason beyond its control.
Shipped Prize shall not be insured and the Contest Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or a misdirected Prize.
5. PRIZE AWARD
On Monday, May 16, 2016 (the “Prize Draw Date”), on or about 2:00 pm ET in Toronto, Ontario, ten (10) random draws to award the Prizes will be made from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period (one (1) draw per Region).
Attempts will be made by the Contest Sponsor or its representatives to contact the potential Prize winners by telephone and/or email on or before May 17, 2016 with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim his/her Prize.
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE CONTEST SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. Before being declared a confirmed Prize winner, an eligible winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Contest Sponsor’s form of declaration and release). By participating in the Contest and accepting a Prize, an eligible winner hereby: (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Contest Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, require an eligible winner (and his/her guest) to sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s form of declaration and release prior to confirming an eligible winner as a confirmed winner in accordance with these Contest Rules. If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to properly execute and return any required Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize or cannot attend for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Contest Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible winner in accordance with the applicable procedures as outlined in these Contest Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner). Any forfeited or unclaimed Prize(s) in this Contest will NOT be awarded – except in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
6. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this Contest (including without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries) and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest Rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest Rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges shall prevail.
7. No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants.
8. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserve the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to withdraw, amend or cancel this contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
In the event that, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error of any kind or nature whatsoever, more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest Rules, Prizes will stop being awarded when the Contest Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of Prizes and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved Prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised Prizes. In no event will the Released Parties be liable for more than the stated number of Prizes contained in these Contest Rules.
9. The Released Parties accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any Prize won.
10. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Released Parties will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the application or the Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Contest website or application or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, or failure of mobile device or mobile web browser, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or text messaging system or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or uploading or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way, subject only to the approval of the Régie in respect of residents of Quebec (where applicable).
11. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
12. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry or voting (if any) process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest website or application; to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. By entering this Contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsor’s use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Contest or future similar contests.
15. Except as provided in Rule 17, this Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
16. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
17. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
18. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problem, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules or for any other reason.
19. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
*Trademark used under license by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc.